Traditional orthodontics uses metal brackets and wires to realign teeth over time. Unfortunately, many patients forgo braces due to the lengthy treatment period, which can be well over two years for some. Uncomfortable and sometimes painful adjustments, and the very noticeable brackets and rubber bands, are also unappealing. With the many advancements in orthodontics, at Value Dental Centers Queen Creek, we can realign patients’ teeth with discreet, comfortable, and fast Invisalign ®.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign®?
Invisalign® offers treatment options for both teens and adults. With the use of transparent acrylic aligners, this treatment can discreetly correct misaligned teeth, including overbites and underbites, gapped teeth, and crowded or crooked teeth. Orthodontic treatment can reduce or eliminate your risk of other oral health problems that can stem from misaligned teeth, such as an excessive build-up of plaque, frequent cavities, gum disease, and more.
Your Invisalign® Treatment Plan
When you come to our office for your first visit, we will take scans of your teeth to develop a personalized treatment plan that will gradually move your teeth until they are optimally aligned. Once your treatment plan is created, we will be able to tell you approximately how many aligners you will need over the course of your treatment and how long your treatment will last. Most Invisalign® treatment plans range from 9 to 18 months.
When your aligners are ready, you will return to our office. We will provide you with instructions on how to care for your aligners. Each set of aligners will be worn for approximately 2 weeks, and for a minimum of 22 hours each day. Wearing your aligners for less than the prescribed amount of time may lengthen your treatment period. You will return to our office every six weeks so that we can track your progress and give you your next sets of aligners.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign®?
Invisalign® offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Transparency: Invisalign® aligners are made of transparent acrylic, making them nearly invisible when they are worn. Most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them.
- Comfort: Traditional orthodontics uses metal brackets, wires, and rubber bands that are tightened frequently to move your teeth. These adjustments can be uncomfortable and painful. Invisalign® gently realigns your teeth without the use of metal wires and they are custom-fitted so that they are comfortable to wear all day and night.
- Convenience: Invisalign® aligners are removable, so you can take them out whenever you feel the need. They can be removed any time you eat and can also be removed for photos and special occasions. Because they are removable, they make caring for your teeth simple and hassle-free.
- Enjoy the Foods You Love: Removable Invisalign® aligners allow you to eat any of the foods you desire, including those that are generally off-limits with traditional orthodontics, such as taffy, caramel, chewing gum, popcorn, and more.
- Shorter Treatment Period: Most Invisalign® treatment plans take about 9 to 18 months, although some treatment plans may be significantly shorter. Traditional orthodontics can take up to two years or more to move your teeth into their optimal position.
Schedule Your Invisalign Consultation Today
If you have been looking for a discreet way to realign your teeth in a relatively short period of time, look no further than Invisalign®. At Value Dental Center Queen Creek, we recommend Invisalign® orthodontic treatment to quickly and discreetly realign eeth and improve oral health. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.